Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

September 4, 2011

Christian Says:

"After I'm done being a paleontologist, I am going to be a football player."

In the Locker Room:
Christian: Where is mom?
Dad: In the girl's locker room.
C: They have a separate room.
D: Yep, the boys and girls each have their own room.
C: Why?
D: (Not wanting to get into it in public...) You will understand when you are older.
C: (Throwing arms up) I want to understand NOW!
D: Because boys and girls look different when their clothes are off, so they need their own rooms.
C: So, they have separate rooms so they don't get their clothes mixed up?
D: (laughing) yeah, something like that.
C: It's a bad idea to separate boys and girls.

"Did you know that when you are a genius you have to feed your brain. You need to eat fish and broccoli every day and drink 10 gallons of water."

While playing with their toy dinosaurs:
Christian (exasperated): "Andrew, would you please stop calling a stygimoloch a maiasaura. We don't have any maiasaura."

"Mom, I just thought of the biggest food chain ever. The sun which is food for phytoplankton, which are food for zooplankton, which are food for anchovies, which are food for little squid, which are food for giant squid, which are food for sharks, which are food for people." (I'm not sure if this food chain is technically correct, but I don't doubt Christian)

Dad: "Christian, you are going to Grandma's while mom and I go car shopping."
Christian: "How do you put a car in a bag?"

While looking at the planter boxes in our gardening book:
"I didn't know you could build sand boxes for your plants!"

"Mom, did you know that a big space rock that hits the earth is called a meteorite. All of the other rocks that miss earth and are just flying around in space are called meteor-wrongs."

Jonathon: Mom wants us to buy some ant traps.
Christian: It won't hurt the ants, will it?
J: It is a poison that will kill the ants because we don't want them in our house.
C: (Highly emotional by this point...) You can't kill the ants. They are an important part of the ecosystem.

Seemingly out of nowhere...
Christian: "I am getting better at laying eggs."
We soon realized that he was talking about playing Angry Birds. Christian and Andrew love that game, especially the birds that lay the egg "bombs."


We were helping Christian read the words on his pencil. They said "I Love NY."
Christian: "What does NY stand for?"
Dad: "New York"
Christian: "I love New York... no I don't!"

4 comments:

Crista said...

Christian Says posts always make my day

Bethany said...

My favorite is the "meteor-wrongs" :)

Stefani said...

That kid CRACKS ME UP!!

Kristy Anne said...

Um... he is my favorite. I so wish I could have him in my class in second grade. I'm sure I would always be happy. :) He is the CUTEST!