Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

September 11, 2011

AndrewSpeak: The Top Ten

I am so thankful that Andrew can finally express himself. He didn't speak very much until he was 2 years old, but now he has really taken off and can say anything he wants or needs. He talks all the time, in fact. Most of it is imitating what Christian is saying, but we are still so happy that the screaming has decreased significantly (except recently at nap and bedtime :(, but lets not get into that...)

He has such a cute little language. Like most children, he has a hard time with r's and l's. This makes him a bit tricky to understand sometimes (I often have to translate for Jonathon), but I think it makes it much cuter. My very favorite thing he says is his own name: "Andwoo". I think I will be sad when he learns to say it correctly. We love Andwoo!

Here are the top ten things that I hear from his mouth on a daily basis. You will notice that everything he says is very specific. He has definitely hit the terrible twos and is stubborn as all get out. They are written trying to imitate his speech, so good luck...

10. "Distian hut me."
9. "I need a dink of wada in owange cup."
8. "I wanna watch a movie. I wan LanTime."
7. "More muk, pease. Not sma... I wan Big!"
6. In two moe minutes. - Said after I ask him to do anything
5. "Get me umting to eat, pease."
4. "We pick up Gavin for schoo?"
3. "Whe's my Angy Bowd?"
2. "Whe's Distian?
1. "Mommy, I hungy. I hungy!" and "I doe wanna do dat, Mom!"
 (There had to be a tie for number one because I feel like I hear these two phrases pretty much constantly.)

Not too hard, right. Here is the translation just in case you didn't follow...

10. Christian hurt me.
9. I need a drink of water in an orange cup.
8. I want to watch a movie. I want Land Before TIme.
7. More milk, please. Not small, I want big!
6. In two more minutes.
5. Get me something to eat, please.
4. Are we going to pick up Gavin for school?
3. Where's my Angry Bird? (his new stuffed animal)
2. Where's Christian?
1. Mommy, I'm hungry. and I don't want to do that, Mom.

2 comments:

Chelle said...

He def is talking a lot better! It seems like even in the past little while he's improved so much. And yes, it certainly makes things easier. :) We're big fans of Andwoo.

Stefani said...

Ahaha! I WUV ut!