Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

July 13, 2009

Christian Says (City Boy meets the Farm edition):


"My irrigating boots are out in the parking garage." (He called it a parking garage the whole time we were there, but nobody wanted to correct him because it made us laugh every time.)

"Grandma drives a zip-SUV." (We have a zipcar membership that allows us to rent cars by the hour for short trips around the city. That is the only kind of car Christian knows.)

Christian: "When we go fishing, I want to catch a big whale."
When we finally caught a fish later that day, it was too big and he was really scared.
Christian: "I only want to catch small sharks now."

"I want to stay here for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever!"

(Standing in Grandma's bedroom)
Christian: "Grandma, this is your apartment, and our apartment is over there." (Pointing to the guest bedroom across the hall where we were sleeping)

"Hannah, you can't sleep. You need to play with your Christian!"

"Hannah, I don't like the MOOing cows."

Cousin Maren: "Christian, Do you remember my name?"
Christian: "Uncle Mary" (well, it was kind of close considering everyone was "Uncle ___")
Christian: "Mom, can we go play at Roger's?"
Sarah: "Who is Roger?"
Christian: "You know... Uncle Blue."
Joe: "Wow, he is good. I didn't know that they were the same person until I was 12."

On the way home from the airport, Andrew fell asleep and Hannah was trying to help Christian stay quiet.
Hannah: "When you have a sleeping baby, you need to use a 4- inch whisper. When you are outside you can use a whole foot long whisper."
Christian: "When I am outside, I like to use a shoe whisper."

"I LOVE Uncle Matt because he gives me Squeezers."

When asked what his favorite part of our trip was, he said "I just loved seeing my Grandma." AAAHHHH

*Thanks Hannah for helping me remember some of these cute sayings!

3 comments:

Stefani said...

This is AWESOME! Christian is a RIOT!! I will never forget Turney Fance! What a cutie!

Kristen said...

Laughing!!!

Caleb and Suzy said...

so,so dang cute! I especially loved the "Uncle Blue" comment.