I will freely admit that the last day of school this year was a major MOM FAIL for me. We were moving that Saturday, and I was completely overwhelmed with packing boxes, deep cleaning, and getting everything ready. On Thursday (June 4th), I took Christian to school like normal. I got a text later from our carpool, Cami Goldman, telling me she was taking a present in to the teacher and she could pick the boys up. After a few minutes, I started wondering if I had the date wrong. I thought that the next day (Friday) was the last day of school. I quickly texted Cami and asked, and sure enough, I was completely wrong! It really was the last day of school, and I had no idea. Hehe! I missed out on giving Christian's teacher her gift, and didn't have time to plan a celebration with the kids at all. At that point, I just had to laugh and forgive myself for the mistake. It ended up being perfect because Jonathon's mom took the boys to her house the whole next day and overnight while Jonathon and I finished packing and moving. I didn't have to worry about school or anything else and could really focus on getting the work done. I don't feel too crazy though because Christian didn't know it was the last day of school either. We are quite the pair!
Christian had a great year with Ms. Rostal. She was firm, but kind, and ran her classroom based on Love and Logic principles. The kids all had responsibilities and earned privileges based on how responsible they were. She really pushed them to learn new things and grow emotionally, and it was just what Christian needed. He had tons of friends in his class because they had all been together for three years. He loved Science, especially the unit on the human body. He also learned cursive and multiplication. He struggled a bit with language arts, but he continues to be a voracious reader and always was among the top AR readers. He scored well enough on the standardized tests to be admitted into the gifted program for grades 4-6. We are sure happy with everything he has accomplished and the good boy that he is.
Andrew's best friend, Jonah Knapp, was in his class, and they were inseparable. I got lucky because there were several kids in our neighborhood going to LLA, so we got to carpool with them. It was pretty great because I only had to drive one week a month. The kids (Andrew, Jonah, Adelaide King, and Kyson Hoggan) loved going together, and the moms loved not having to drive every single day. Andrew is definitely ready for First Grade and will do great!


No comments:
Post a Comment