Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

January 5, 2015

About Christian

Christian's teacher, Ms. Rostal, had each student make a Christmas wreath and put their name on the bow. Then each member of the class wrote something nice about that person. I thought it was such a lovely idea and really helped the kids feel loved and appreciated by their peers. Because they are part of the advanced program, Christian's class has stayed together since first grade. They are a special group because of this bonding time. They are all friends and know each other well. I loved reading all of the things that his classmates wrote about him because they are so true!

I thought I would write them here so that he can look back and see what a great boy and friend he is. Several of them were the same, so I will only put it once with the number of times it was mentioned in {brackets}.

You are very very very smart {x3}
You're nice to play with
Friendly, a very friendly boy
You're the best Mystery Club leader {x4}
I like how you started the Mystery Club*
I like how good at Science you are {x2)
You're a good problem-solver
You are funny {x2}
I like your braces {x3}
You like Harry Potter
A Good Reader
You Play Fair
You know a lot about dinosaurs
Nice and handsome
You are really nice and honest
You are cool

Christian is definitely a smart kid, but I don't want him to feel like that is his only good quality. I loved that someone mentioned that "you play fair", and that he is "nice and honest." These are some of the qualities that I really admire in Christian. He really understands and strives to be fair and honest. What great qualities to have! 


*The Mystery Club was a group started by Christian to solve little mysteries at the school. The first one was mysterious holes that were appearing around the playground. They researched and studied them carefully for many weeks before concluding that there were voles living in the holes. Every day after school, he would report his latest findings to me. It was funny to hear how interested the kids were in the holes. Their Science teacher even did a special science unit on voles and their habitat because of the kids' excitement. Just one more reason I love the PAL program... they take learning and make it completely interactive and exciting by going above and beyond the regular science curriculum.

No comments: