Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

January 10, 2015

Open House

Cameron and Christa were married on December 20th, but because of the holidays, they waited until January 10th to have their Open House in Provo. I was so happy that they had an open house here so that I could attend. I was really sad to miss the wedding, so it was a great opportunity to help out and celebrate with them.

Jonathon's mom really went all out for the event. The decorations and food were really incredible. She has become such a great party planner. I guess having nine children and large extended families will really give you the opportunity to learn. She is also just extremely talented in that area, and it showed.

Since it was in the middle of winter, Mom H. went with a snow theme. She did a lot of white fabrics, lamps, and twinkle lights. They were accented by the colors that Christa chose, which were royal blue, silver, and coral. It all came together to create a really lovely atmosphere. Jonathon and I took our family up that morning so that we could help with the setup. Mom told us her vision and where things should go, and we got to work. With so many helpers, it went pretty quickly and turned out so beautiful.









Mom really went to a lot of work for the food as well. She had so many different choices and most of them were homemade. It was a full dinner with dessert too. The food was all delicious, and the staging of all the food was so elegant. There was so much food and prep that needed to be done, that I spent most of the night helping in the kitchen. I was more than happy to do it. They had a lot more guests than they were anticipating, so it ended up being pretty busy for most of the time. When I wasn't in the kitchen, I tried to take some pictures of the event. I didn't end up getting as many as I wanted to, but hopefully, they captured the atmosphere of the Open House and will bring back some good memories for Christa and Cameron.

The menu consisted of :
Chicken salad on croissants
2 different types of green salads
Olive Garden Breadsticks
Rosemary chicken
Cheese soup
Potato Soup
Homemade bread bowls
Spiced Apple Cider
Raspberry Frappe
Cheesecake
Cakebites
Gluten free cookies


Hyrum and Caleb


No comments: