Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

April 4, 2013

Celebrating Hannah

We made a quick jaunt to Idaho last weekend to celebrate my adorable sister, Hannah. She is leaving next week to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to Trujillo, Peru. Her farewell and Easter just happened to be on the same day, so her wonderful talk in church was followed by a lovely Easter program filled with singing and talks about the Savior. It was truly a beautiful church service and I am so glad that we were able to make the trip to see her for one last time before she leaves. While we were there, we had a Family Home Evening where we got to talk all about Hannah. It was so fun to laugh about old memories, let her know how much we all love her, and give her support and encouragement for the next 18 months of what will surely be a grand adventure.
Watch out Peru... Hannah is on her way!

We also made sure to get some pictures while the whole family was together...

The Whole Family
Our Little Family

The Grandkids
Andrew (4), Christian (6), McKay (2) and Jadyn (3)

The "Soon to Come" Grandkids..
 Katie (16 weeks), Sarah (23 weeks), and Kym (37 weeks)

 The Siblings

I truly love every member of my family and am so thankful to be part of such a wonderful group of people who love and support each other. 



4 comments:

Chelle said...

Ahh I love the preggo pic! So stinkin' cute! I'm so excited for your sister. I'm totally jealous actually. I would have gone on a mission in a heartbeat if the age had been 19 when I was that age. I'm sure she'll rock it up in Peru! What a beautiful family Sarah.

pharmgirl75 said...

Congratulations to your sister! We missed you in Provo though. You look radiant, Sarah!

Bethany said...

It's so fun to be reading your book and then fast forward to this blog post and see little horse-loving Hannah off to Peru. A happy day for everyone!

Stephen said...

so...who's the random kid in the back row of your family picture?