Baby BOY #3
Expected Arrival: The End of July
We are ALL thrilled!
(And isn't he so cute already...)
We had our 20 week ultrasound today, and it was a fabulous experience. We had a wonderful ultrasound tech who described everything we were seeing. She also told us exactly what she was measuring and why. Once she knew that Jonathon was a developmental biologist, she went into even more detail. It was amazing! The baby looks great, and he was moving and kicking throughout the entire exam. It was a happy day.
The boys are so excited to be getting another brother. When we told them we were having another baby, the conversation went something like this:
Sarah: "Mom is going to have another baby. Isn't that exciting? We don't know yet if it is a boy or a girl."
Christian: "It better be a boy because WE DON'T WANT ANY BARBIES in THIS house!"
Sarah: "We don't get to choose though, so we need to be happy with whatever Heavenly Father gives us."
Andrew: "But Mommy, you are the only girl that I love!"
Needless to say, when we found out we were having a boy, there were fist-pumps and shouts of joy all around. The only struggle comes with trying to pick out another boy name. We have always had a hard time with boy names, and this time is no different. This brought up another funny conversation with the boys...
Jonathon: "Do you boys have any good suggestions for boy names?"
Christian: (thoughtfully) "I think Kevin is a good name."
Jonathon: "Kevin hmmm... we can definitely think about that one. Andrew, do you have any good ideas for baby brother's name?"
Andrew: "I think we should name him Andrew." (This came as no surprise to me because he names every stuffed animal and lego creation Andrew)
Sarah: "Don't you think that it would be too confusing to have two Andrews in our family."
Andrew: "We could call me Andrew and him Baby Andrew."
Sarah: "But what happens when he grows up and isn't a baby anymore... Then how would you know which one we were talking to?"
Andrew: "Mom, we would just know."
Jonathon: "Well, do you have any other ideas?"
Andrew: (excitedly) "How about Lightning McQueen!"
Looks like we are on our own with this one :)
I have been feeling pretty good these last few weeks. There are the usual pesky nags, but overall these are the glory days of pregnancy. It is so nice to finally get passed the nauseous and extremely tired stage. I really don't have bad morning sickness at all, but instead I just feel kind of crummy and sick to my stomach the whole first trimester. My energy is much better now, and I LOVE feeling the baby move. I think it was a huge blessing that I started feeling this baby at only 14 weeks. I was so nervous during those first few months, and those little kicks were exactly what I needed to put my heart and mind at ease.
We are just so excited to meet this little guy... half-way there!

12 comments:
Congratulations! We are so thrilled for you and the fam!
FINALLY! I have been dying for you to post this post so I can quit worrying about accidentally ruining your news. :) Eek eek eek!! I still get giddy every time I think about it. We are over the moon for you guys. And I love Andrew's reasoning for the name, so stinkin' cute! What a lucky boy to be born into your wonderful family.
Hooray! Hope the rest of the pregnancy goes great.
Yay for baby boys!! Congratulations to you!
Hooray! What exciting news! Andrew's reasoning is spot on. Congratulations!
yay!! congrats you guys!!!
What fantastic news!
Awesome! Congrats, you guys! I hope you have a quiet, uneventful pregnancy. :)
Congratulations guys!
i'm so excited for you! You guys are so lucky to have 3 brothers...they will love each other so much!
Okay, so I'm a little late to this comment party, but I just wanted to say HOORAY!!! We are so so happy for you! I love your quote "these are the glory days of pregnancy." Such lovely, positive way of saying it.
Also, I keep meaning to tell you that you're pretty much my hero for being willing to take a 12 hour drive to Oregon during the first trimester. Seriously, we feel very special, thanks for coming when you guys did. :)
Post a Comment