Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

October 1, 2012

Christian Says:

While at Christian's soccer practice...
Sarah: "Why did you stop playing out there?"
Christian: "I smelled pizza. I just can't concentrate when I smell pizza."


Before going to the Brigham City Temple open house...
Jonathon: "What kind of things should we NOT do in the temple?"
Christian: "We definitely shouldn't eat sloppy joes in the temple because they are messy."


Christian: "Dad, I remember the time you got bitten by a T-Rex!"
(He later clarified that it was when Jonathon stuck his head in the mouth of a T-Rex statue at the dinosaur museum. We were confused for a few minutes.)


While at a baseball game, Jonathon was trying to limit the boy's cotton candy intake...
Jonathon: "No more for awhile. I will be Lord of the Cotton Candy."
Christian: "No, you're Lord of the Rings, and Mom is Lord of the Harry Potter."


At the baseball game after already eating a hot dog and cotton candy...
Christian: "Mom, I really need a slushy."
Sarah: "We've already had enough food and spent enough money."
Christian: "But Mom, I'm dehydrated."


While putting the boys to bed...
Christian: "Dad, will you go out and check my dragonfly trap?"
Jonathon: "We can check it tomorrow. They won't be flying around right now anyway."
Christian: "But Dad, dragonflies are crepuscular. That means they come out in the evening."
Jonathon: "What did you say?"
Christian: "Crepuscular, Dad. I learned it from Dinosaur Train."
(Christian's scientist father had to go downstairs and look up crepuscular in the dictionary. Sure enough: "appearing or active in twilight.")


Uncle Aaron (holding a toy car): "I think this might be a Ford F-250."
Christian: "No, it's a hot-wheel."


After Sarah's surgery...
Christian: "Mom, you are walking like an old man."
Sarah: "Can you at least say I am walking like an old lady?"
Christian: "No, it's definitely an old man."


At the dentist...
Hygentist: "So you like dinosaurs, right? I like the long necks. What are they called?"
Christian: "Well, it depends. There's apatosaurus, brachiosaurus, argentinasaurus, zigongasaurus..."


And a few from Andrew...

At the dentist...
Hygentist: "Do you like Super Man or Batman or Spiderman?"
Andrew: "I like NO man."


Sarah: "Come on, it's time for bed."
Andrew: "I can't go to bed. I'm a Bowser (from a Mario game), and Bowsers don't sleep."


During Sarah's surgery Andrew stayed with Grandma H. When he got home...
Andrew: "Mom, I've decided I want to live at Grandma's."
Sarah: "Why?"
Andrew: "She has lots of Mario games."

2 comments:

Stefani said...

Bahahahahaha! -- That's all I have to say about that!!

Bethany said...

Your kids are hilarious. I'm so glad that you remember and write these down!