Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

September 29, 2012

A Quick Update

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I am 3 days post-surgery and feeling great. The surgery was successful, and my doctor felt really good about everything. We are hopeful that we won't have to do this again for a while. The first thing the nurse said when I woke up was, "Wow, you had one massive cyst (softball sized)!" I'm glad I can impress them.

My recovery has been amazingly easy so far. I am completely off painkillers and moving around well. Sitting around all day has been pretty boring, and several times I have thought that I would love to go for a good run to stretch my lazy muscles. I will have to wait a few weeks for that, but my pain is low, my energy is high, and life is good.

No comments: