As you can probably imagine, four incisions on your abdomen makes it a little painful to laugh. My kids and situations have been funny all week though, and I have found myself trying really hard to keep the laughs in. In most cases... it just didn't work. Here is a sampling:
My new all-time favorite Christian says occurred just after I returned home from my surgery:
Christian: "Mom got her gutter cut out." (Haha... that was a painful one.)
The boys spent the first few days with the H. family down in Provo. Uncle Aaron took Christian sledding. After going down the hill...
Christian: "That was the best. run. ever. I LOVE my life!"
Grandma C. came to spend the next few days with us. During that time, Christian was telling her all about butterflies from his new favorite show Wild Kratts. It started off so well...
Christian: "Did you know that monarch butterflies migrate 3,000 miles every year from Canada to Mexico?"
Grandma C: "Wow, that is a long way. How do they know how to get there?"
Christian: "They have cell phones and call each other on the way."
Christian: "Grandma, aren't you supposed to have gray hair?"
After completing a new puzzle...
Christian: "Look Mom and Dad, I'm a natural." (We are still working on the humility thing around here)
Christian: "Andrew hasn't lost his zest for raisins."
Unfortunately, I also got in on the funny action and caused myself some laughing pain...
It really hurt to stand up straight because it stretched the incisions. For the first few days I hunched over so that it wouldn't hurt. One night, it started snowing big, beautiful flakes. We were watching out the window. I decided to step forward to get a better look. Unfortunately, my hunch made it so that I took one step forward and banged my head into the glass. Jonathon was laughing so hard that I couldn't contain myself and was laughing too. For the next 10 minutes he kept replaying the scenario.
Jonathon (in a high-pitched Sarah voice): "Wow, that is beautiful snow."
WHACK!
"Ouch!"
Cue more laughing. Both of us were worn out after that one.
2 comments:
Thanks for all the laughs!
Hilarious! I especially liked the butterfly one.
Post a Comment