Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

January 30, 2011

Someday I want to be like her...

My mother = Wonder Woman!

I arrived home from the hospital early Wednesday morning, and by Wednesday night, mom was at my house taking care of me. During the 3 days she was here she: cleaned the house, folded and put away laundry, went grocery shopping (twice), played with the boys almost non-stop, mopped the floor, made dinner, ran all of my undone errands, cleaned the bathroom, filled the freezer with homemade bread and 4-5 meals, and took care of my every need.

She left today, and I have to wonder how I am ever going to keep up with her. Maybe in 20 years I will be a fraction of what she is.

Post Edit: It appears that many mothers have these super powers because Mom H. just showed up to take my boys to her house for the weekend. She brought with her 3 complete meals for us. She moved the bed back, started dinner, and picked up Christian from preschool... all in the space of 30 minutes.

4 comments:

Stefani said...

Moms rule!! (And so does Aunt Tawana!)

Tamra said...

Hurray for Moms!

Natalie said...

Your mother is amazing but I honestly would say you are well on your way to being just as awesome

cfish77 said...

I would agree that Aunt Marilyn has a few super powers!