Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

December 15, 2010

Christian Says:

During the Thanksgiving holiday:
My Mom asked Christian how to cook a turkey. He replied "For 10 minutes at 5 degrees."

Grandma then asked what he learned about Thanksgiving at preschool.
Christian: "I didn't learn anything about Thanksgiving, just Pilgrims and Indians."

While my family was staying with us, Christian came downstairs one morning and no one was around. Finally, he found Grandma and said, "I think everyone is playing a game of Sardines (reverse Hide and Seek) and just forgot to tell me."

While putting Andrew down for a nap, I heard Christian making a lot of noise downstairs. I went down and told him to stop screaming. He replied, "I'm not screaming, I'm hooting like a hadrosaur (dinosaur that makes noise with its crest)."

While picking Christian up from preschool one day, his teacher pulled me aside and asked me what Jonathon's profession was. I told her and then asked why? She laughed and said that during occupations week, Christian told her that his dad was "a paleontologist, doctor, and dentist." When I asked Christian about it, he said that people were calling his dad a doctor (PhD) so he told her every doctor he could think of (including Dr. Scott the Paleontologist from Dinosaur Train). 

After the first snow:
Christian: "The sandbox turned into a snowbox."

Christian had been sick, but he really wanted some chocolate milk.  I asked him if his tummy was feeling okay.
Christian: "My tummy told me in the middle of the night that it would be okay to drink chocolate milk."

Christian was trying to move his chair to the other side of the table, but Andrew kept blocking him. He was angry and frustrated and started yelling at Andrew. I told him that he needed to be calm and not yell. He looked straight at me, put his hands in the air, and yelled, "I'm STRESSED!" (Oh dear...)

We were sending out our Christmas cards and were talking about buying stamps:
Christian: "You mean those things with the bell with the telephone on top."
Mom: (after thinking for a few seconds...) Oh yeah, you're talking about the liberty bell. Yes, that is a stamp." (if you are as confused as I was, look at the pic on the right -->)


3 comments:

Stefani said...

You know these are my favorite!

cfish77 said...

When you look at that stamp it does kind of look like he described it!

Kathryn said...

Little kids are so awesome! That just made me laugh. :)