Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

March 18, 2010

Bracket Fun

Every year Jonathon and I have a friendly March Madness competition. Usually, we give Christian the "no-upsets" bracket, but that fell to Andrew this year. Instead, we thought that Christian was old enough to participate. We decided to set up his bracket by which team he thought had the coolest school mascot. We read each of the match-ups to him and let him choose the name that he liked best as the winner.

Unfortunately for him, the lowest ranked schools have some pretty awesome nicknames. Why would you ever choose the Kansas State Wildcats (#2) when you could pick the North Texas Mean Green (#15)?

I mean, seriously?

Christian liked them so much that the Mean Green are going to the National Championship in his bracket. He also really liked the Siena Saints (#13) and the Maryland Terrapins (#4) when he found out terrapin meant turtle.

But the BIG winner of Christian's bracket is none other than the West Virginia Mountaineers.

Why you ask?

Because he thought they were called "Mountain Ears" and laughed like crazy every time they matched up with another team. So there you have it... the NCAA tournament as called by a 3-year-old.

Go Mountain Ears!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

That's great. You are such a fun family! We miss you guys!

cfish77 said...

Not a bad way to pick your brackets. I was keeping track of the Purdue/Siena game while waiting for Texas A&M/USU to start. Siena came close.

Kristy Anne said...

I think your family may be the cutest EVER. I love the March Madness/family togetherness.