Christian turned 3 years old this week. We had a birthday party for him and his friends today. The theme was "SUMMER FUN!" We held it at the playground next to our apartment. The weather was beautiful and the party turned out so great. Here are some of the fun things we did:
We made giant homemade bubbles out of water, Dawn dishsoap, and Karo syrup. The wands were made from metal hangers. After we shaped the hangers into a circle, we wound yarn around them to hold the soap. VOILA... Super Bubbles! It worked great and was a HUGE hit!
"CHRISTIAN'S CHOICE" LUNCH
Menu:
Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
String Cheese
Goldfish Crackers
Apple Juice
Otter Pops
SQUIRT GUNS
Each party guest got their own little squirt gun to play with. Here are some of the kiddos filling them up with water.
ICE CREAM CONE CUPCAKES
To fit the "Summer Fun" theme, I made ice cream cone cupcakes and frosted them to look like real ice cream. It is my new favorite party idea because you don't have all of the paper wrappers to deal with, and the kids could eat them a lot easier because they could hold onto the cone. I thought it was going to be difficult, but it was actually pretty easy. Here's how I did it:
1. Fill a 9x13 pan side to side with ice cream cones (fill it completely full so they won't tip over)
2. Mix up the cake batter and pour it directly into the cones-- 2/3 full
3. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until done
4. Frost the cupcakes (I used a cake decorating tip to get the cool swirls) and add sprinkles
The one tricky part was figuring out how to transport them. I cut circular holes in one side of an old cereal box just large enough to stick the end of the cone through. Then I covered it in aluminum foil. The resulting box was the perfect way to transport them without any casualties.
OPENING PRESENTS
Christian loved all of the fun things that he got, including several new hot wheels cars (Heaven for a 3 year old boy). Having all of his friends there really made the party special. Thanks everyone for coming and having fun with us today!
4 comments:
so I totally going to copy you! seriously. I need you bubble receipe...I have never used karo syrup. Jared's birthday is the 5th of Aug...thanks for the ideas...they are all fantastic.
Mmmmm. Those ice cream cone cupcakes look yummy...
I heard all about the cupcake cones. What a hit! I think I might have to pinch that idea, come January. J-bird had so much fun at Christian's party. I heard she kept calling him KitKit, and would then mumble to herself, "No, not KitKit. Christian!" Hahahahaa!
You and Jonathon are such great parents, Sarah.
Oh my gosh SO fun!! It sounds like the perfect little kid party!!
Post a Comment