Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

July 29, 2009

My First (unofficial) 5K

I ran 3.1 miles today.

It was hard...

and hot...

and really humid.

BUT I DID IT!

Next step: work on bettering my time* and sign up for a race!


*My time was almost 40 minutes. YIKES! I blame it on the horrible humidity and constant killer hills. At least that means that I can run for 40 minutes straight. Who knew?

4 comments:

MOM said...

You go girlfriend. Congratulation Sarah. What is our goal now? The 5K I want to enter in September requires running the 5K in less than 36 minutes.

Kiwimommy said...

WAY TO GO, WOMAN!!!!

Stefani said...

Yay for you!!!

Chelle said...

You go lady! I am so proud! Even if you didn't think your time was that great, at least you did it! I really need to start getting into shape...
So anyway...what did you think of Harry Potter 6? I can't wait to hear your opinion.