Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

July 9, 2009

Look what I've Started

QRU Fun Run

My Family just before the race
(Jonathon, Matt, Hannah, Joe, Mom, Dad, Sarah)

I ran my first race on the 4th of July. It was a 2 mile race held in Melba, ID to benefit their Quick Response Unit. My only goal was to finish the race without walking. It was a bit harder than I anticipated because of some nasty hills, but I did it! The last half mile I felt great because I was so proud of myself for actually accomplishing something that I didn't think I could do. It was a great day and a great accomplishment for me and my family!

Sarah and Jonathon

Mom and Hannah

These are some of the finish line pictures. I love that both of my feet are off the ground. That means I was definitely running! Next up: 5K

Some stats:
-My time was 23:20
-Matt finished FIRST in his age group with a time in the low 14's
-Dad finished SECOND in his age group

4 comments:

Emily said...

Wow, way to go Sarah! You're awesome! And how fun that your whole family did it too! When's the 5K?

Jessica said...

congrats! that's impressive

Sarah said...

Good job! I was suppposed to run my first 5k on the 4th but the race was too much money. Oh well... I did it later, without the neat T-shirt! :)

Carol said...

CONGRATS!! That is awesome!