Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

June 9, 2009

Home Decorating

My latest art project was a picture collection that I mounted and arranged in our entryway. I took pictures from each of the places that we have lived and made them black and white. I like the fact that each of the pictures represents a place that we love and brings back good memories. I painted 5 wooden plaques with black paint and mounted each of the photos. I then enlarged a family photo to complete the arrangement. I love how it turned out. My mom helped me with the details, so I wanted to post these specifically for her.    

These are the photos before mounting:
17 mile drive (CA)/ Old Family Barn (ID)

 
"Y" Mountain (UT)/ Balance Rock-Garden of the Gods (CO) 
 

Statue of Liberty (NY)

Here is the finished arrangement:



8 comments:

Carol said...

WOW Sarah! They turned out GREAT! and I LOVE the picture, they look they are were done professionally.
Carol (Astle)

Gaylene said...

That is awesome! I may have to steal that idea.... if you don't mind.

Stefani said...

COOL! You have an ORANGE wall??? I love that!

Jessica said...

Hey Sarah (This is Jessica McKenzie, I don't know if I've ever commented on your blog before) Did you live in Monterey, CA?? That's where I'm living right now!

Kiwimommy said...

Gorgeous! Great work, Sarah!

Malesa said...

Those turned out awesome! I love how you did that and I love that it has meaning.
Good job.

Tamra said...

That looks amazing! I'm impressed. ... My home decorating ususally involves quotes on paper (typed or written out), and I just stick the paper on the wall with tape. Other than that, my mom decorates when she comes in town. ... I should hire you, Sarah!

Anna said...

I'm so impressed with the photography! And the idea is fantastic!

Anna Botts