Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

January 7, 2009

Thomas and the Train Show

The New York Botanical Gardens hold a special holiday train show each year.  They have several electrical trains that wind their way through the plants in the greenhouse and past famous local landmarks that have been recreated for the exhibit.  We knew that this was a must-do activity this holiday season because Christian is OBSESSED with trains.  To make it even more exciting, Thomas the Tank Engine and Sir Topham Hatt were making a special appearance this week only.  Jonathon and Christian headed out to the Gardens this morning for their big adventure.  When they got home, I heard about every detail of the fun for the rest of the day.  Christian talked incessantly about getting to shake Sir Topham Hatt's hand and watching the trains go over the bridges.  I told Jonathon that I was sad I didn't get to see the pure excitement and smile on Christian's face.  He said that Christian was in such awe that he didn't really show that much emotion.  He just kept going from exhibit to exhibit in complete shock at all the cool trains. I think this may go down as one of the best days in Christian's young life. :)

Christian and Daddy posing with Thomas.  

Christian wearing his Conductor hat and meeting Sir Topham Hatt...the highlight of his day!

Watching the Trains go around and around and around


4 comments:

Kiwimommy said...

I think that you're right that this may go down as one of the best days in Christian's young life! He must have been SOOOOO excited!

Angela said...

He is such a cute boy! I hope this baby comes soon! Good luck with the next week.

Angela said...

Okay...I think it is time to have this baby...nearly every day I check n facebook and this blog and although it is wonderful to see Thomas then train........lets get that baby here:)
oh I want him here for your sake too of coarse

Natalie said...

OH of course CHristian had to go see Thomas! That looks fun. It looks like you guys had a fun Christmas too! Christian is so cute, and is getting SO tall!