Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

January 17, 2009

D-Day +1

So, our baby obviously didn't get the memo that he was due to come yesterday.  To be perfectly honest...I don't blame him.  Right now, it is 9 degrees outside with a windchill below zero.  Who would want to leave warmth and comfort for that? Unfortunately for him, the forecast doesn't get much better for many days, and he can't stay in there forever. I have gone through many emotional stages in these last few days:  
  • Monday and Tuesday, I started to get depressed because I just expected him to come early since he is baby #2. 
  • I had a mental breakdown on Wednesday when my Doctor told me that it could be a while longer.  He also told me not to worry because he was going out of town in 10 days, so I would have to deliver by then.  HELLO, not exactly what I was looking for. Luckily, my mental state was helped immensely when my nice hubby brought me home a Cinnabon cinnamon roll.  
  • Thursday and Friday, I had a renewed sense of hope.  
  • Now, that we are D-day +1, I just don't know what to think or do.  I find it ironic that our baby countdown on the sidebar doesn't seem to know what to do either.  It has now started counting up again. According to the countdown, I again have 1 day to go. Hmmm....go figure.
We are hanging in there though.  It seems that this baby just wants to make a grand entrance on his own timetable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had been wondering what that counter would do if you went past your due date. Best of luck!

Carolyn