The week before Thanksgiving, our friends from Utah were able to fly in for a visit. We hadn't seen them for a long time, but it was so easy to pick up right where we left off. I love friends like that! The time and distance just didn't seem to matter. We took them around the city, played games, ate yummy food, and just enjoyed each other's company. We felt pretty spoiled because they bought us cheesecake and took us to an Indian restaurant. You can't ask for better than that. Christian felt like the king of the house because he received so much attention. He just loved Jared and Michelle.

Junior's famous raspberry swirl cheesecake
Then for Thanksgiving, my cousin Natalie's family came for a short visit. We had such an amazing Thanksgiving together. The weather was nice, the food was incredible (thanks to my amazing husband), and they even got lucky and won the lottery to see White Christmas on Broadway for really cheap. Christian and Ethan are about the same age, so they played trucks, trains, and blocks the whole time. Those boys are two of a kind and were so fun to watch play together. It was especially nice for me because Natalie and Michelle are both going to have babies in the next few months, so we were able to commiserate about all of our aches and pains :)
Not the most flattering picture, but this is for posterity, right. It is a race to the finish because Natalie is due just one week before me. Or if you ask our husbands, it is a race to December 31st so they can get their child tax credit :)
Throughout the whole week, both sets of company kept thanking us for letting them stay with us. Little did they know, we were being selfish. Their visits made our holiday special, provided us with lots of entertainment, and made us feel loved. Friends, Family, and fun...what a great way to spend a week.
Jonathon's masterpiece... a perfectly brined and cooked turkey (He is a professional now, as this is his third year in a row on turkey duty)
Our yummy Thanksgiving dinner complete with: Grandma C's famous cubed jello, Natalie's homemade stuffing, Jonathon's perfectly moist turkey, Mom H.'s delicious rolls, mashed potatoes and gravy, and my first attempt at candied yams and apples.
Not pictured is dessert: 4 pies (one for each adult) YUM!
Christian and Ethan getting ready for bed with their milk, blankies, and Thomas the Tank Engine video. What cute kids we have!
6 comments:
sounds so fun. I wish I could have sampled the food. I thought about making the cubed jello, but I made the other on on the same page as that in the Christensen cookbook. I think I'm gonna need the directions on making the perfectly perfect moist turkey. Go Jonathon.
That looks delicious! What a fun day, especially sharing it with a fellow preggo!
Good luck on beating that Dec 31 deadline. My Jena-bird was due Dec 31...but didn't appear until Jan 9. Doesn't matter now, though!
This post is so sweet. I am so glad everyone had fun. The picture of Ethan and Christian is absolutely darling! What a great holiday!
I love that you had a pie for each adult. It does look like you had a great Thanksgiving! Glad to hear it. And you are looking great...I hope the next month goes by FAST and your dr suprises you by saying "oops I was wrong you are due two weeks earleir than we thought. Good luck.
Looks wonderful. I did Turkey dinner this year for the 1st time in 12 years. Tell me how you "brine" a turkey. What is that?
We can't say enough how amazing it was to be with you guys! That was definitely the highlight of '08 for us. And I totally agree, we have great "couple chemistry" with you guys. :) And I know I always say this, but Christian is way too cute!! I think my favorite was, "Hey Michelle, you gonna come clean me up?" I can't wait until we can see you again and you will finally get to meet Siena. and 32 days left! Ahhh!! I bet you can hardly wait!
Post a Comment