Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

December 11, 2008

The excessiveness of New York


They say everything is bigger in Texas. Well, if that is true, than everything is a little more expensive in New York. So for those of you out there that, like us, are happy when you can save $2 on a pizza, here is a quote from an article on the acquisition of CC Sabathia by the New York Yankees:

"A preliminary agreement on a contract has been reached on a seven-year, $161 million deal. 'He's now excited about becoming a Yankee,' one source said."-ESPN.com

I think I would be happy to become whatever you want me to become for that kind of money, especially if I only work from April to October and even then only about 1-2 times a week. Any takers? Didn't think so.

-Jonathon

3 comments:

Jonathon and Sarah said...

So much for a recession???

Stefani said...

Isn't the new political "buzz" phrase... "share the wealth"

I could sure use some:D

Angela said...

good luck finding that kind of high paying, non-working job....in the mean time...ONLY ONE MONTH LEFT! AHHH so exciting!