Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

September 21, 2008

Tagged

So the rules for this tag were to list 6 quirks about yourself.  It sure was fun to read about other people's quirks, but I am a little hesitant to post all of my weird habits for fear that the true crazy woman inside will be exposed for the world to see.  Alas, here goes nothing...

1- I eat my meals using extreme equality.  This basically means that I eat everything at the same rate, so that when I get to the last few bites, I have some of everything left.  The meal just seems to taste better with all the flavors spaced out evenly.  Jonathon often comments on how odd this is, but given the fact that he inhales his food, I don't really think he has a place to talk either.

2- I insist on always being early to church, but somehow I end up being right on time or occasionally slightly late to everything else.  I "blame" this quirk on my parents.  My family was always extremely early to church to make sure we could all sit together and avoid the embarrassment of traipsing to the front of the chapel during the opening song.  It is such a good habit if I could only apply it to everything else.

3- Ever since I started and finished reading the Harry Potter series earlier this year, I have wanted to watch the movies... a lot.  Nearly every weekend I think "Oh, I wish we had Harry Potter number (fill in the blank) to watch."  The movies are so much more interesting now.  I can compare and contrast to the books and be reminded of how much I love the series.  Weird, I know.  Speaking of which, I think I will reserve one from the library right now for next weekend :)

4- I LOVE POTATOES!  You really can't blame me for this one though... I did grow up on a potato farm.  I could eat them every day and often do: French fries, hash browns, baked, cubed, mashed. YUM!

5- I hate calling people.  I love to talk to friends and family on the phone, but I like to be the one being called.  I always feel like when I call people I am interrupting their lives or taking them away from something more important. You can definitely see the problems here because if nobody calls me, I miss out on all my fun talking time.  I better work on this one.

6- I am a channel-flipper extraordinaire.  I think this comes from the fact that I really dislike commercials.  I will always have one show that I am interested in and then a couple of backups that can be easily interrupted (ex: foodnetwork, gameshows, etc.) This way, I can flip to my backups during commercials and still not miss my main show.  It has taken a while to perfect the system, but I have it down now.  Poor Jonathon has to suffer through my surfing, unless he has control of the remote. 

So there you have it.  Those are only 6 of many quirks, but probably more than you needed/wanted to know.  If you want to try this too, consider yourself tagged!

4 comments:

Gaylene said...

You are probably not as quirky as you think. Everyone has their oddities. I share the not wanting to call people for exactly the same reason... I don't want to interrupt whatever they're doing.

Natalie said...

Sarah, I think you are pretty normal. This is a fun post. The first quirk is my favorite. Amazing!

Stefani said...

Ok, you guys are the best, I just read Darrell's and Natalie's quirks... now wonder I love you all! Thanks for sharing, now I have to go narrow down my quirks to only 6.

Chelle said...

Sarah,
thanks for playing along! Nice to find out that you hate to call people, sometimes I say to Jared, "Why is it that I always have to be the one to call your friends' wives? don't they ever want to talk to ME?" so now I will console myself with the fact that you just hate to call people. :)