Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

August 29, 2008

It's a BOY!!!

We just found out today that we are having another boy!  We are thrilled that the baby is doing great and has all of his little parts.  I, of course, would have loved a little girl, but I must admit that a huge sense of relief flooded through me when we heard the news.  It will be such a blessing to be able to reuse all of the boy clothes, toys, bedding, etc. that we have been storing for the last 2 years.  It will be so great for Christian to have a little brother around.  As for a name...we have no idea!  Here are Baby Boy's first pictures:

These first two pictures are profile shots.  We have already been told that he looks like Christian... Must be that big round head. :)


This is a fun 3D picture.  It is kind of hard to see, but on the left is the baby's face and he is sucking his thumb with his fingers extended.  Ahhhh...


10 comments:

Angela said...

congrates!!! I am glad to hear he is healthy and a HE!! What fun your boys will have together and what fun you will have watching them growing and keeping them from killing eachother :) BUt I am sure they will be nicer than my brothers :)

Chelle said...

We are SOOO excited for you!! both jared and I thought you were going to have a boy. I'm glad the clothes thing will work out. :) As far as our trip, Jared asked for some days off in Nov, so now we're just waiting...he'll probably know on Tues. We'll keep you posted!
Love, Michelle

Shannon B said...

YEAH Sarah!!! That is so exciting!! Having 2 boys is a lot of fun. Glad everything is going well too!!

Natalie said...

That's great! Christian is so darn cute, I'm sure this one will be too! It will be nice to not have to go out and buy all new girl stuff. They will be great buddies and partners in crime!

Boyd and Becky Ann Kent said...

Congratulations! Welcome to the two boys club. It's an elite group I hear, because there are so few survivors. (Kidding, of course). You must share the secret of how you get Christian to beg to go to bed. He sure is cute. Boyd saw his picture for the first time last night and said, "Wow, he looks just like both of them!"

Kathryn Lichfield said...

I am so excited for you! And yes, it is nice that you can reuse the same clothes! Congrats!!

Natalie said...

man, that is sooo exciting...check out the pelfrey blog for our update!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on having another baby boy! (Don't mind me, I just blogger stalked you)

Gaylene said...

I love your blog. Congratulations on Baby Boy #2. When are you due? I think someone told me that it is in Jan.? Are there any other bloggers on the Hill side of the family?

The Cooking Schaack said...

Well you both make really cute boys so this next one is going to be a real cutie :] Best of luck. I hope all is wonderful with you all. Congrats!!!