Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

May 28, 2008

4 years and Counting


It rained on our wedding day; it rained really hard.  Our pictures were spotted with raindrops, the bottom of my dress turned a lovely shade of brown from the dirty water, and our poor guests were pelted as they waited for us to come out of the temple.  Despite all of that, it was the best day and decision of my life. I was so happy despite the circumstances.  I guess that is what love is. Even when things go wrong, you are happy just to be together.    

Today is our 4 year wedding anniversary.  We had planned a big trip to Palmyra to celebrate. Unfortunately, I have been really sick all week, and just this morning we had to cancel all of our reservations.  It was really sad, but being sick in a car for 7 hours sounded miserable.  Anyway, our anniversary didn't work out perfectly, but it doesn't really matter. Jonathon made special arrangements in the lab so that he could stay home from work to take care of me.  The big exciting trip would have been fun, but Jonathon proved yet again that he knows what love really is...and despite everything, I am happy.




2 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy Anniversary!

I'm sorry you've been sick and your vac-a plans were spoiled.

do you want to send Christian over for a playdate so you can get some rest???

Natalie said...

Whoa I had a lot go catch up on- Happy birthday Sarah! and Happy anniversary to the hills! Congrats! How fun that you got to go see wicked- I've heard it's awesome. As for the "consumerism" entry, I'm no good at that. Ivy pretty much get a treat as bribery every time we go to the store. oops.