It's already October! Sometimes it seems like the longest year ever, and other days I am shocked that it is already October... which just happens to be my favorite month! The temperatures are cooling down, the leaves are amazing, and we are finally into a really good routine with school.
Christian: Since Christian has been working hard on his Life Fitness class, we have been trying to find fun ways to get our exercise in. Since it is fall and gorgeous in Provo canyon, we went on a hike with both sets of grandparents. It was so amazingly beautiful! Around every corner was another stunning sight. Christian doesn't usually love hiking, but the cool weather, easy trail, and colorful leaves made it so that he was really happy the whole time. He did great and was at the front of the pack. He logged over 11,000 steps that day!

Hyrum: I have really had to keep on my toes to keep this little guy focused and engaged. This week, it was lots of games, art projects, and physical activities mixed in with the learning. Math has been a bit of a struggle lately because he gets bored really quickly. We finally had a really good lesson this week, and I caught part of it on video. He was learning about greater than and less than. Hyrum is obsessed with sharks, so I had the random flash of inspiration to use our leftover gummy sharks from Marine Biology. I let him have a gummy shark to eat the bigger number. I then showed him how the "greather than" sign looks like a shark mouth that is eating the bigger number (i.e. 214 > 199). He loved it, and played with his gummy shark the whole time he was doing math. I am thankful for that crazy inspiration!

No comments:
Post a Comment