Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

December 30, 2017

Funny Sayings

What better way to end the year than with a few funny sayings, mostly courtesy of Hyrum!

After church, we asked the boys about their classes.
Hyrum: "My Primary teacher had a mustache. It was a sister."
(We were never able to confirm the identity of this "mustached sister.")

As we were driving down the road, we saw a little dog walking on the side of the road.
Hyrum: "When puppies are in the road, they will get flat from cars."
(True, but an interesting way to put it! Haha!)

Jonthon got called into the Bishopric, so we talked to the kids about how things would change. We told them that Jonathon would have to sit in front on the stand during Sacrament Meeting. Hyrum didn't understand what "the stand" was, so we told him that it was the area raised up higher than the rest of the seats.
After church Hyrum said, "Is Dad still on the roof?" I was so confused until Hyrum said, "You know that higher place he has to sit."

Sarah: "Oh HyGuy, you are so cute!"
Hyrum: "I'm not cute because I'm not little. Babies are cute!"

Hyrum: "Dad, I can see something on your forehead."
Mom: "It's called a wrinkle."
Hyrum: "A wrinkle? I don't have wrinkles on my face, but I do have a wrinkle on my shirt!"

On our way home from Idaho:
Hyrum: "Why can't I stay at Grandma Christensen's forever? I love it there." (Ahhh!)

Andrew: "Tweet others like you want to be tweeted!"
(Now that we have President Trump, you don't know how true this is, Andrew.)

Referring to the jar of Jolly Ranchers that we gave to his teacher for Christmas:
Hyrum: "Did you give her those choke things?"
(I guess we got our point across that they can be dangerous)

Overheard while the boys were playing a video game on the Switch...
Jonathon: "Boys, come down so we can chat."
Christian: "Just a minute, we are being attached by a giant cobra!"
Hyrum: "And snakes!"

No comments: