Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

July 25, 2016

Funny Boys

Mom: "Hyrum, are you poopy?"
Hyrum (emphatically): "I'm not poopy, I'm Hyrum!"

Mom: "Hyrum, please go back to bed."
Hyrum: "But Mom, the big light is on outside." (i.e. the sun)
later...
Dad: "Hyrum, it's time for bed. Look it's dark outside."
Hyrum: "You turned it off?"

At McDonald's...
Andrew: "Do they give Happy Meals in the driveway?"

The boys stayed with Gma H. for a week while we went on our cruise. After we returned Hyrum called me "Grandma" for several days. He sure loves her. And then every time we watched the video we made of the cruise, Hyrum would say in his high pitched, squeaky voice, "I wanna go on a cruise wit ya!"

While watching Lord of the Rings...
Christian (referring to the Hobbit's house): "That's a pretty nice house."
Andrew: "It's kinda messy."
Christian: "That's how I like it!"

We had a chance to go to the Open House of the Provo City Center Temple. It was very memorable to Hyrum. Every time we drove by a church for the next three months he would yell, "Look, the temple!"

Hyrum: "I just ate the temple!" (a Hershey kiss)

Hyrum moved into his Big Boy bed, and we decided to give his crib to Cameron and Christa for their new baby due in October. When Grandpa came to pick it up, he was just a little confused...
Hyrum: "Dad, they're taking my crib outside. Aaron and Audrey are going to sleep in it."

Whenever I wear my hair in a braid, Hyrum softly touches my face and says, "Mom, sing 'Let it Go'."

Hyrum: "Look Mom, I'm Harry Potter!"


1 comment:

Chelle said...

Ha ha! They are so cute. I loved Hyrum's "you turned it off?"