Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

June 27, 2016

Boys and their Blankies


When each of my boys was born, my Grandma Ogborn made them a blanket. They are the best blankets... super soft on both sides and perfectly warm and comfortable. Even with all of the other blankets in the house, these are always the favorite. The boys have slept with them every single night since they were itty bitty. After all of the washings and abuse they have taken, the older boys' blankets are now threadbare, ripped, and coming apart at the seams. Andrew's is entirely ripped apart, and he only has half of it left. I tried to throw it away and offered to buy him a brand new one, but the offer was absolutely rejected. He was so distraught at the idea that he was in tears. I relented and let him keep it. Hyrum's blankie is still in good shape, but I'm sure it is headed in the same direction. Of all the special things these boys possess, these blankets are their most treasured. Grandma Ogborn will live on forever in these boys and their blankies. 





No comments: