Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

December 28, 2015

It's a Wonderful Life

We always mail out annual Christmas cards to family and friends. Truth be told, it is super expensive to do every year (upwards of $50 after everything is done), but I LOVE getting Christmas cards, so I always make sure to do them! It is one of my favorite things about the Christmas season. Every day when I go to the mailbox, I can't wait to see what will be in there. I was worried that since we moved, we wouldn't get any Christmas cards this year because nobody would know our new address. Luckily, we got tons of cards and it totally made my month. There are so many special people who I love so much, but don't get to talk to much. It might only be once a year, but at least it is still some form of keeping in touch.

I like to do something creative for our cards. In the past we have done: travel brochures, recipes, To-Do lists, Our year in 100 words or less, A Tale of Two Cities parody, Our year by month, an infographic, etc. This year we decided to pay homage to our favorite Christmas movie, "It's a Wonderful Life." We found some fun quotes from the movie and integrated the story of our year with them. Without further ado, our annual Christmas card and letter (with the most personal information redacted):




No comments: