Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

December 19, 2013

Andrew Says:


Andrew: "I want an invisibility cloak like Harry Potter."
Aunt Crista: "Why? What would you do with an invisibility cloak?"
Andrew: "Then I could run around and sneak candy."

While eating jelly bellies...
Andrew: "Eeewww, I got a bogey flavored bean. Mom, what does bogey mean?" (Gotta love a Harry Potter obsessed 4 year old)

Sarah: "Andrew, you need to take a bath because you're stinky."
Andrew: "No I'm not, you didn't even feel me."
Sarah (confused): "You don't need to feel someone to know they are stinky."
Andrew: "Yes you do (touching my arm). See EEWWWW stinky!"

Jonathon: "You have 10 minutes to finish your dinner and not make a mess of yourself."
Andrew: "That's a challenge."

Andrew: "What do you want for breakfast, Dad?"
Jonathon: "I guess I will have cocoa puffs."
Andrew: "Good decision, Dad! They make chocolate milk."

Jonathon (checking his email): "I got an email from BYU sports."
Christian: "Why would you get that?"
Jonathon (jokingly): "Because when I was at BYU I was cool and played four sports."
Andrew: "Four sports and seven years ago..."

Jonathon started closing the garage door on me before I made it through. When I got to the car I said, "Honey, you scared the tar out of me." Andrew then chimed in, "You scared the icicle out of me!"

Andrew: "Dad, why are you up here?"
Jonathon: "To put you to bed."
Andrew: "Dad, that is not necessary."
Jonathon: "Why?"
Andrew: "Because we never go to bed anyway."

Sarah: "Does anyone know where Christian's eyedrops are?"
Andrew: "Just ask Siri."

Grandma C (to Sarah): "Why don't you take some medicine. If you have too much pain, you won't heal as quickly."
Andrew: "I'm a pain... A pain in the neck!"

Sarah: "Andrew, you need to scrub behind your ears."
Andrew: "But Mom, they're fragile and might break."

Andrew (while making cookies): "Why do we need that (pointing to the baking soda)?"
Grandma C: "Baking soda makes things rise and get fluffier."
Andrew: "Grandma, that is just a myth."

And, my very favorite moment from Thanksgiving...
We were having a Harry Potter wizard's duel for one of our family activities. I gave them a situation, and they had to give the correct spell before their opponent did. This one was Matt vs. Andrew.




And one from Christian...
"Grandma, get buckled up. You aren't used to it because you don't have to be buckled around that country land where you live."

4 comments:

Chelle said...

Oh man! He's a funny kid! I loved the "Siri" comment (seriously, this techie generation), the pain in the neck comment, and the "Grandma, that is just a myth." Ha! Nice job on the dueling too. He put your bro to shame. :) p.s. you look SO good in your Christmas pic! hot lady!

Stefani said...

I love this!!!!!!! (see my many exclamation points?)

pharmgirl75 said...

Love this! He is just as funny as Christian, but in his own way.

cfish77 said...

I laughed out loud while reading this! Some of my favorites are the invisibility cloak, the "Siri" one and the one about going to bed.