Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

August 16, 2013

Hyrum's Newborn Photoshoot

I have always wanted beautiful pictures of our newborn babies. Unfortunately, we have never been in a financial position to hire a professional photographer to do a shoot. I look back and regret that I don't have any really good pictures of Christian and Andrew. With Hyrum, we still didn't feel like we could pay several hundred dollars for a professional. We really wanted digital images so that we could use them however we wanted, and that tends to cost even more. Luckily, our photography skills have improved a bit since the last time. We inherited my mom's old DSLR camera, and both Jonathon and I have learned a little bit about how to use the manual settings. Jonathon is better at the camera, and I am generally better at posing people, so we combined forces and took our own newborn pictures. I am so pleased with how they turned out. Here is our sweet little Hyrum at one week old: