Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

January 14, 2013

Overwhelming Response

Dear Family and Friends,

After my last post, I have been completely overwhelmed with kind thoughts and messages about my book "Farmyard Vignettes." It was scary to put my writing and all of our family experiences out in public, but the response has been completely positive and encouraging. I have received so many thoughtful cards and emails filled with love for me and my family. Thanks to all of you who have made this experience so wonderful. 

I have also had so many requests for copies. Since it is self-published, if the books are ordered individually they would cost $50 each + shipping (I wouldn't even pay that much, and I wrote it!) However, if there are enough people that would like a copy, I can get a group rate and wait for a good sale to bring the price down to around $35 each. If you would like a copy, please let me know and we can submit a large order. (You can leave a comment here or on Facebook)

I know that price is still steep for a book, so Jonathon and I have been working on getting it available for download as a pdf. You could definitely read it on a computer, and we are checking to see if it is compatible with iPads and other ebook readers. If you would prefer this option, let me know and we can try to make it available in that format.


Please remember that I am not a professional writer and my editor was my husband, Jonathon. I am proud of it, but I don't want expectations that are too high :) That being said... thanks again for your kind words and your interest in my book. I just wanted to share one comment I received that encompassed everything I hoped my book would be. It really touched me and made all of the hours completely worth it.

From my wonderful Aunt Lucy:
"You did a wonderful job of catching the essence of life on the farm--the good, the bad, the heartaches and the struggles. Somehow each story taught a principle of living life to the fullest. I loved that and the fact that a thread of love of God and family wound all through it's pages. And you did it all without dwelling on any negative aspect. Thank you, honey, for giving all of us a chance to remember and appreciate the good things from our lives."

And a funny comment from my cousin, Karen: (You don't know how many times I thought this very thing...)
"Being a city-slicker myself I loved learning about life on the farm...I'm surprised any of you are still alive. So impressed with your dedication and the results!"

3 comments:

Bethany said...

I'd love a copy if you could sign it for me. :) Do the $35 include shipping and taxes?

Kristy Anne said...

Um, hi. I want one! Remember how I was so fascinated with you and your farm life when we first lived together? I remember telling people, "She lives on a farm! In IDAHO! Like, a REAL farm!" LOL!! I would for sure be interested in something for an e-reader. But if that isn't available, I would still love to buy a hardback copy as well. I think it's amazingly awesome that you wrote a book. You're still my hero in so many ways my dear. And you remind me so much of our favorite Anne Shirley. :)

Jonathon and Sarah said...

Hey Bethany,
Yes, I am thinking that $35 will include everything. It kind of depends on the discount I can get, but should be close to that.