Now that Christian is in school all day, Andrew and I have a lot of time to spend together. I was worried at first, but we have gotten into a routine, and he has become my good buddy. The more I hang out with him, the funnier I think he is. Here are some fun Andrew quirks:
*He loves music. I think it is a product of being dragged around in the car to run so many errands. Every time we get in the car, he wants the music on. He somehow knows all of the words, and in the rearview mirror, I can see him dancing in his carseat. When we pull into a parking spot or the garage, he always says, "Mom, I love this song. Don't turn it off until it's over." So we sit in the car until the song has ended. When I am relaxed, I find it rather amusing. When I am in a hurry and stressed, I find it quite annoying. His favorite songs right now are "Somebody that I used to Know" by Gotye and "What Makes You Beautiful" by One Direction. At least the kid has good taste in music :)
*We have a fight nearly every time we sit down for a meal. The cause... Andrew's golden trophies. A while back, Andrew decided that he would award fake golden trophies to whoever finished their dinner first. Now, he taunts Christian with them. He will say, "Christian... I have six golden trophies and you don't have any." Then Christian will try to "steal" one of the trophies and Andrew will burst into tears. When I tell Christian to give back the gold trophy so Andrew will be happy, Christian starts crying because he didn't get any golden trophies. When I have finally had enough of the chaos, I remind Christian that the trophies aren't real. He sheepishly smiles and realizes his mistake. This same scenario happens way too often.
| Andrew and his cheetah tail |
And now, some of his cute and funny sayings:
Mom: "Andrew, I don't want to have to tell you again to go clean up your room."
Andrew: "Okay Mom, then just don't tell me."
After it snowed in October...
Andrew: "It snowed, that must mean it is Christmas."
Mom: "No, Christmas is actually 2 months away."
Andrew: "Then I don't like the snow."
Mom: "Why?"
Andrew: "It covered up all the pretty flowers."
Mom to Andrew and Christian: "What are your Saturday jobs?"
Andrew: (innocently) "Build a snowman?"
Mom: "Good Try."
Andrew sat in the playroom and looked at books for about 30 minutes...
Mom: "Wow, Andrew you are a good reader."
Andrew: "That's because that is my name; Andrew "Reed". (At least he knows his middle name, right?)
At the dinner table...
Christian: "Mom, when can I stop using my booster seat?"
Andrew: "When your bum gets too big."
1 comment:
Ah, Andrew. What a funny kid. We're def familiar with "stubborn" over here as well. :) I loved the trophy story--isn't it hilarious the things that get kids' goats? Ours has been "If you do that, you can't come to my birthday party." Wah! Sobs! Tears! Oh brother.
Post a Comment