*Lots of Reading!
Books Christian Read:
-Mummies in the Morning by Mary Pope Osborne
-Pirates Past Noon by Mary Pope Osborne
-The Complete Tales of Winnie the Pooh by A. A. Milne
Books Sarah Read:
-Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card-- getting ready for the movie coming out in 2013!
-Persuasion by Jane Austen-- Great book... why have I never read this one before!
*Swimming Lessons: Living in NYC made it so difficult to get our boys experience with water and pools. The few public pools around were dirty and difficult to get to. I knew that they needed swimming lessons this year, but both boys were completely terrified of the water. When it came time for the first lesson, they were pretty much refusing to even go. So, like any good parent, we bribed them with Krispy Kreme donuts. It worked and they eventually decided to go. We said a little prayer in the car before we went in that they could be brave and feel safe. Both were still nervous, but both boys got into the water and did their best. We were so proud of them. As a mom, I like that they are cautious, but I don't want it to interfere with experiences in their life. After the 4 weeks of lessons were over, both had improved tremendously and gained confidence. We will continue to practice, and I think they will be good little swimmers.
*Gardening: Jonathon takes such great care of our garden. We have hundreds of tomatoes, tons of yellow squash and zucchini, and lots of peppers. It is so fun to eat the food that we grow. We are enjoying another bountiful harvest... and it is only the beginning!
Rows from left to right:
Row 1: Strawberries
Row 2: Red, yellow, and Green bell peppers (tented for protection from the sun), Tomatoes
Row 3: Onions (curing out of the ground), pole beans
Row 4: Carrots, Sunflowers, Potatoes
Row 5: Empty (was snow peas, will be Spinach and Broccoli in the Fall)
Row 6: Cucumbers, Yellow Squash, Zucchini, Pumpkins
Far Right: Raspberries
*Christian's Birthday and H Family Reunion: The two biggest events of the month... already chronicled in previous posts
*Movies: We have continued our $1 movie trips and saw Dolphin Tale. I think it was everyone's favorite so far.
One more month of fun before school starts...
1 comment:
"Persuasion" is one of my favorite Jane Austen books. I have plans to read "Ender's Game" in the near future.
Post a Comment