1. Christian got an award for the Top AR Reader for the month of February. He got a free meal at Chuck-a-rama, so we decided to go there to celebrate. He is a great reader and we are sure proud of his hard work at school.
2. Bike Riding-- The warmer weather has made the boys want to be outside all the time. One of their favorite things to do is ride bikes. Here they are enjoying the lovely sunshine:
3. Family Fun- 2 weeks ago, my brother, Daniel, his fiancé Claire, and my sister, Hannah came to visit for a few days. We had a great time while they were here. We all went to see Hunger Games and loved it! 2 days after they left, my Mom came and spent a few days with us over her Spring Break. While she was here, we went shopping for fabric for the upcoming wedding, organized my disastrous spice cupboard (yay!), and I taught her how to do digital scrapbooking. We didn't do anything too exciting, but it was so fun to have her here and for the boys to spend time with Grandma. They sure were spoiled with chocolate milk, Easter candy, and pizza! It's always fun for everyone when Grandma comes!
4. Jonathon's Birthday-- My honey turned 31 on March 16th. We went down to Provo to celebrate with his family. I made a chocolate peanut butter torte that I found on Pinterest. It sounded really good, but it didn't turn out like I imagined. To me, it tasted too peanut buttery and a little bitter from the dark chocolate. Some people really liked it, and others... not so much. Jonathon thought it was good though, so that is what matters. It is always fun to celebrate Jonathon because we love him so much!
5. General Conference-- For the first time in 5 years (since we have had kids), I was able to watch all 4 sessions of conference. The boys were so good. They watched two of the sessions with us and played quietly through the other 2 so that I could pay attention. It was a welcomed burst of spirituality for me. On Sunday, we were able to go watch the afternoon session with Jonathon's family so we could celebrate Mom H.'s birthday afterward. It was a lovely day, and I can't wait to reread all of the talks.


No comments:
Post a Comment