Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

March 14, 2012

Family Funnies (Christian has some competition now)

Family Picture during Christmas Break
*We sat down for Sunday dinner two weeks ago. The whole meal was hot and ready to go, except our green beans which I quickly found out were still a little bit frozen in the middle (oops!). As soon as we said the prayer, Andrew promptly announced that he had to go potty. He ALWAYS has to go at meal time. This time was no different. When Jonathon finally got to come downstairs 5 minutes later, he said, "Now my pork chops are colder and my beans are warmer." Haha! So much for a nice family dinner...

*As we walked out to get in the car, Christian looked around and said in a shocked voice, "Dad, why did you clean the garage?"
(Apparently, we don't clean the garage enough. Children always know how to make us feel good.)
Jonathon replied, "Mom made me."
True that.

*A few weeks ago we went to the DMV to finally get our Utah Driver's Licenses. We have had so many terrible DMV experiences (CO and NY) that we looked up all the info that we would need online and got it all ready to go. As we were driving to the place, we were talking about the time we waited for 3 hours only to find out that we were missing one document. We laughed at that memory for a while and then proceeded to go into the DMV and be told that we were missing a document. I mean, seriously, we had 6 different documents and our old Driver's Licenses (where we already had to show all of said documents previously) and they still needed more. What the heck? We weren't laughing on the way back the second time.

*Christian and Andrew have been obsessed with the movie Ice Age lately. Jonathon and I were talking about it one night. He said, "I think that Manny (the mammoth) is voiced by Ray Romano." I said, "Hey, I think you are right. I love Ray." Jonathon immediately snapped back, "Well, Everybody loves Raymond." We were tired and it was late, so we laughed about it way too long.

Mom: "What do you guys want for dinner?"
Andrew: "Ketchup!"

Grandma C. was coughing while she was reading Andrew a book...
Andrew: "No Grandma, you do it like this (showing her how to cough into your elbow so you don't spread germs)."
Sarah: "Good job, Andrew. I taught you well."
Andrew: "No Mom, I taught Grandma well!"

During Dinner...
Andrew: "I want some "Amen" (pointing to the bottle on the table)
Sarah: "Andrew, that's called A-1"
Andrew: "No Mom, it's called Amen."

After watching Andrew dance around for 5 minutes:
Sarah: "Andrew, please go up and go potty."
Andrew: "No, I have to tell you."
20 seconds later....
Andrew: "Mom, now I have to go potty." (He is SO stubborn!)

Andrew: "When I grow up, I want to drive a Lightning car."
(As in Lightning McQueen... yep, still obsessed.)

Sarah: "Where did you get hurt?"
Christian: "In the pit of my elbow."
(Hmmm.... what do you call the other side of your elbow to distinguish it? Pit sounds good to me.)

While preparing the garden....
Christian: "Dad, I want to dig. Why don't you ever let me dig?"
Jonathon: "You are still pretty small to use a big shovel."
Christian: "But Dad, if I am going to be a paleontologist, I have to learn to dig and practice a lot."
(Seriously, how can you argue against that one...)

While driving...
Andrew chanting from the back seat: "Turn red, Turn red, Turn red,"
When the traffic light changed to red just before we got there, he started to cheer.
Sarah: "Andrew, why did you want the light to turn red. That makes us have to stop, and it takes us longer to get home."
Andrew: "But Mom, red is my favorite color."

2 comments:

Stefani said...

Hahahaha! This cracks me up!

cfish77 said...

One of my favorites is the one about the red light.

C. should talk to my dad about digging holes and making mud pies.