Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

February 28, 2012

Lately...

This winter has been so mild. We have had hardly any snow, and the temperatures have been abnormally high. Still... we all have a bit of the Winter Blues. I think it comes from the fact that it is dark so much. Poor Jonathon leaves for work in the dark and comes home in the dark almost every day. Luckily, we have bright, shiny faces like this one to keep us smiling. (Note: Cousin Carolyn made this hat for Andrew. So Cute!)


To help fight off the cabin fever, we have done some fun things, and I have been working on some more projects. {Surprise, I know.}

BOWLING:
My parents came down for President's Weekend. We had such a great time with them. Usually, we put them to work, but this time it was a nice, relaxing few days full of games, scripture trivia, yummy food, and good conversations.

One of the highlights was bowling. Christian and Andrew haven't been very often, so they were so excited. The place we went was very kid friendly. They had bumpers on the lanes and special things to help kids roll the ball. Christian and Andrew both had a great time. We also got to have pizza between games. How can you get better than that? Thanks Grandpa and Grandma!

 My all-time record bowling score previously was 112 (I never claimed to be any good). My first game, I bowled a 119. I took a picture as proof of my new record. I also love that the picture shows that Jonathon scored the same as Andrew, 88. He had a rough first game, but took it well :)


The second game was even better. I bowled a 151! (Yes, you read that right.... 151!)  It might not sound too impressive, but remember my previous record was 112, so I was pretty amazed.) I wanted to take a picture, but Jonathon threw the next ball too quickly, and started the screen over. At least I had 5 other witnesses! We had such a fun afternoon. We will definitely have to go back again soon.

SWEETHEART'S BALL:


That night, we attended The Sweetheart's Ball at the church. It was a fundraiser for Girl's Camp. It was fun to get all dressed up fancy, dance the night away, and participate in the silent auction. The boys loved that Grandpa and Grandma C. got to babysit them, so everyone was happy.

PROJECTS:


I have also been trying to keep the boys entertained on those cold, windy days that make February so dreary. We finished a cool art project last week: Angry Birds made out of beads. My sister-in-law Kym (and cousins Jadyn and McKay) gave them to the boys for Christmas. They had a great time putting it all together and were actually very patient throughout the whole project.


Last, but not least, I have been crafting away... as usual. I needed a costume for a very special event (awesome post to follow in the next few days), so I whipped up this pioneer bonnet and an apron. I found a tutorial online here and was able to finish it all in a little under 2 hours. {That 2 hours included a call to my Mom to help me figure out part of the sewing. Why, oh why didn't I learn to sew when I lived at home?} It turned out great though and was the perfect touch to the costume.

1 comment:

Stefani said...

You guys always amaze and astound me. (Especially that you can keep coming up with new Angry Birds projects to do;)