Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

February 27, 2012

Dad and the Boys

(By guest blogger Jonathon)

Sarah slept in yesterday, leaving the boys and me unsupervised. So, of course, we watched videos on YouTube. I was showing them some of the many Lego stop-motion videos when Christian wondered how they were made. I told Christian and Andrew about it, and they immediately wanted to make one. So we got to work.

However, it is much harder than I thought it would be. As it turns out, of the three of us, I have the least amount of patience for this kind of thing. Anyway, we took 40 pictures with my iSight camera (the webcam on my laptop) slowly moving each car forward a cm at a time. Then we loaded all of the pictures into iMovie and put them together at a rate of 10 pictures per second. After an hour, we finally got a pretty bad 4 second video done.

I thought our little educational experience was done and I could move on with my life, but the boys thought otherwise. After much persuasion, I finally agreed to try again this afternoon. It went faster this time and turned out much better. The video is only 18 seconds long, but it includes several camera angles and even has dubbed audio. It's nothing much, but the boys had a blast. We will see how long it takes them to convince me to do it again.

Here is our final product which the boys lovingly refer to as Cars 4:


3 comments:

Erica said...

Hahahahahah! That's awesome! What a good dad!

Stefani said...

This is AWESOME! Your boys are lucky! (And Sarah's lucky too, she got to sleep in.)

cfish77 said...

Should they ever talk you into making another one, I am curious what the subject matter will be.