Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

November 10, 2011

"The Scaree Haluween" By: Christian

In his Kindergarten class, Christian gets to write "self-authored books." Technically, the Kindergarten students are just supposed to draw the pictures and dictate to an adult what the story should say. Christian, however, loves to write and is getting really good at it. I encourage him to write his own stories. He sounds out all of the words by himself and does his best to write real stories. He only half-heartedly draws pictures because he is supposed to, but he has always been quite the linguist. I love to see him learning and growing and improving. Here is his third self-authored book called "The Scaree Haluween." I wrote the correct words at the top for future reference, but Christian's words are actually pretty readable. I think it is pretty awesome for only being in Kindergarten for 3 months.










Christian is also a great reader. He reads like crazy and is cruising through all of the books in his class. He has to read each book 3 times and can only get one new book per day. He gets very bored by the third time through and has begun to sing the books in an opera voice. It is both hysterical and completely annoying. We are so grateful that he loves to learn and is doing so well in school.

1 comment:

Stefani said...

Hilar! He would get along great with Brad singing in an opera voice. Sometimes Brad sings the street signs...