I mean, seriously, these are a whopping $30-$50 each! I knew I would have to take matters into my own hands. We bought some extra-large shirts, iron-on transfers, stuffing (to add the roundness factor), and headbands. After a few hours of work, VOILA... 4 cute Angry Bird costumes (okay at least semi-cute), and for only $24 total!
Andrew all stuffed and ready to go to his Play-school Party!
The Angry Bird Family at our Ward Halloween Party
(Ignore the fact that I look SUPER wide... I was trying to achieve the triangular shape with the stuffing. YIKES!)
The boys were positively giddy. They wanted to wear their costumes every day. They especially loved running into their dad pretending to play the game. They were coming at him constantly from every angle, so we finally had to make a rule that they couldn't attack dad, even if he was a green pig.
The costumes were a big hit at the party with the younger crowd. We got some crazy looks from people who had no idea what we were, but either way, it made our kid's Halloween memorable. That was all I cared about.
This year, we also went to Christian's school carnival where they got to dress up, play games, and eat dinner. Here they are waiting in line to play "Pin the Wart on the Witch."
On Saturday, we carved pumpkins that we grew in our own garden! Andrew was a trooper and dug right in. Christian sat and complained the whole time about how yucky it was. These pictures say it all:
In the end, they all turned out pretty cute.
(Top Step: Dad-- ;-), 2nd: Andrew-- Happy Pumpkin, 3rd: Mom--Angry Bird, Bottom: Christian--Scary Pumpkin)
Happy Halloween!



4 comments:
I guessed it! When I saw your post on Facebook...I just new how awesome you make your family look as the Angry Birds and you didn't dissapoint me that is for sure!
Happy Halloween!
Good work Sarah!
LOL! I'll tell you what you are... uber talented and creative!
Very cute. I'm impressed with your creative genius!
Post a Comment