Then on Saturday, we had a barbecue with some of Jonathon's family. Christian was so full of energy because he was the center of attention. He was running back and forth and saying so many funny things that we were all cracking up. (A nice, big "Christian says:" post to follow shortly) He wanted hamburgers, hotdogs, chips, and ice cream to go along with his underwater cake. So without further ado....
The Cake:
I decided since Christian wanted so many different animals, I would do sugar cookie animals and put them onto the cake. That allowed me to use cookie cutters for the shapes and then frost them each individually. I ended up with 5 different sea creatures, so I went with a square cake to showcase each one on its own side. I made waves in the blue icing to give it the appearance of water and then piped in green seaweed around the edges. When I was almost done, Christian surprised me with one last request. He wanted the fifth candle to be balanced on the dolphin's nose. That one about did me in. After failing to secure it with frosting, I broke out my handy dandy hot glue gun and glued that sucker to the back of the dolphin. Luckily, he was happy with that solution.
Here are pictures of all sides of the cake:
We had a wonderful time at his family party. The weather was perfect, and we were able to sit outside in the shade. Christian was a lucky boy this year and got so many neat presents. He was on cloud nine all night. Some of his favorite presents: a new Land Before Time movie, a dolphin pillow pet, a dinosaur train, a dinosaur puzzle, and his very first pet... a fish.
Christian is a smart, sweet, kind little boy. We love him so much.
Happy Birthday, Christian!
2 comments:
Thanks again for letting me be a part of the party!
Awesome cake Sarah! It turned out SO cute! No surprise though....Thanks again SO much for treating us to the Aquarium. The kids had a blast. Siena was bummed she couldn't spend the entire day with Christian. :) And I hope the Land Before Time movie works out...let me know.
Post a Comment