Cupcake Production:
On Wednesday, I baked cupcakes for 8 hours straight, making about 250 in that time. Luckily, I had a little help and some extra ovens. My cousin, Emily, helped make about 150 of them and one of my mom's friends made another 100.
The next day we frosted all 500. I made 10 batches of buttercream frosting and we frosted, decorated and packaged them for about 4 hours.
My sister-in-law, Kym, was such an awesome help. She got the piping down perfectly. After making the swirls, my brother, Ben, topped them with the little chocolate flowers that I made in advance, put them in a box, and labeled them. The whole process actually went very smoothly.
We had about 50 full boxes. After finishing the cupcakes, I made the wedding cake.
Last but not least, we took the cake and cupcakes to the reception to set it all up. Jonathon made this beautiful cupcake stand with his Grandpa. It all turned out exactly as planned. It was such a wonderful relief to be done and feel satisfied. Everyone had very kind words to say about it, but most importantly, Matt and Katie loved it. Yay!
The Reception:
Hanging out during the down time...
Christian and Aunt Hannah trying to give the grumpy look/ Dancing with the boys
Apparently, the cupcakes tasted good too :)
Daniel wrote a song for Matt and Katie and performed it at their reception. It was so cute. Before they decided to get married, they had a serious discussion about Matt's chosen profession, farming. He asked her if she would be okay marrying a farmer. Her exact response was, "I ain't sloppin' no hogs!" Daniel loved her answer and turned it into a song. Here is a video of him singing it.
7 comments:
Good job, Sarah!
Wow! Do you ever wanna look at cake batter or butter cream frosting again? Whew! Those cupcakes are the cutest though. And the cake itself was stunning. Daniel is MAKIN' ME LAUGH!! (his singing voice reminds me of your dad's) It's making me excited to see all my peeps in a few short weeks :)
You are simply amazing.
Yay!! I knew it would turn out just perfect. you deserve a medal (or at least a massage or something) for all that hard work! Oh, and that pic of your brother and his wife with the mountains in the background is just stunning. When are you going to be back?
Sarah... The wedding looked beautiful! I loved how the cake turned out. You did a great job. I loved the song Daniel wrote. He is quite talented. It is amazing what talents these (in my mind) little boys can create. Katie will make a lovely farmer's wife.
-Suzy
I like how the top pictures that are of you and the cupcakes you can see how much time has passed through the window :)
Whoa, what a huge accomplishment! The cake and cupcakes looked amazing!
Post a Comment