It has been an eventful few weeks at our house. May is always full of festivities, but it is even more crazy this year. The first week of May, Jonathon went to a heart conference in Cincinnati for 4 days, arriving home just in time to celebrate Mother's Day. The next week was my birthday, and our anniversary is the last week. Along with all of that, we have preschool parties/graduation and lots of wedding preparations. (Did i mention that I am making 500 cupcakes AND a wedding cake for my brother's wedding.... yikes!) Let the pictures begin:
Aaron and Amanda's birthday is the day before mine, so we all celebrated together down in Provo. They turned the BIG 16! I turned the big 28....
The Birthday Trio
Blowing out the candles
I really wanted to practice making the wedding cupcakes and cake before the actual wedding. On Saturday I went into a baking frenzy. I frosted cupcakes the same colors they are going to be, tried out a couple of new cake recipes, and have made 300 little chocolate flowers so far. I think they turned out great. Hopefully, they will look great for the actual day!
I think I am going to do one more practice in about a week and then hope that I can pull it out for the wedding. It has made me a little nervous, but it is also exciting to try something new and gain some new skills. Luckily, Matt and Katie are very calm and relaxed (and forgiving!) about the whole thing.
Last, but not least, Christian is approaching the end of preschool. He has done wonderfully and made a lot of new friends. Andrew and I were able to go to the park to watch them shoot off the rockets they made while studying space last week. They had an air compressor all set up and were able to shoot the rockets really far. I was pretty impressed by the whole set-up, and Andrew kept saying "Whoa!" when they would launch them.
Christian getting ready for the launch
After retrieving his rocket
His Goofy Grin!
Cute brothers watching the rest of the launches together
5 comments:
Good job on the cake!
Wow! The cake is beautiful. I want to see it in real life for the wedding. I wish I were coming. Are you going to the Christensen Reunion?
Oh no Sarah! That is AWFUL that you guys are so sick! Uhh, stomach flu is wretched. I wish I could bring you over a homemade lovely dinner but I'm still pretty weak. However, I DID pull out a Stauffer's frozen lasagne...could we bring half of that to you?? I'm serious. Just let me know a time and I'll send Jared on over. :)
we miss you guys so much too, it seems like Turin asks everyday, "Go to Sarah's house?" and I have to sigh and say, "Not yet." I was going to shoot for Fri--let me know how you're feeling if that's even a possibility! My body is def suffering from lack of working out!
Okay, sorry this is going to be so long, but holy MACKAREL--you never cease to amaze me woman! That cake is STUNNING! (So when did you get nominated to do the wedding cake too? Agh, that would be so intimidating! But you are obviously up for it...it looks so professional!) I can't wait to see the flowers too. You have obviously been hard at work!
Can we say 5:30 for dinner? Let me know!
wow, cake (and cupcakes) look great Sarah! I can't wait to see the wedding cake in person. You are very talented.
I love the cake! You are so talented! Glad you had a good birthday.
Post a Comment