Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

April 25, 2011

Happy Easter

It has been a wonderful Easter holiday for our family. On Saturday our ward had an Easter breakfast and egg hunt for all of the families. The boys had a great time finding the eggs.




Once at home, the Easter baskets became a fashion accessory. The silly boys wore them on their heads all morning long.

Playing and dying eggs with Easter baskets

On Easter morning, we gave the boys some new Easter books (Thanks Grandma C!) that they read all morning. At church I got to teach the Easter lesson to my Primary class. I was so glad that I was able to take the time to prepare it and ponder on the reason for Easter-- the resurrection of Jesus Christ! Later that evening, we went to Aunt Gaylene's house for an awesome Easter dinner. The company was great, the food was delicious, and it was the perfect way to celebrate. After all of those years away from family, we really do treasure the times we get to be together.

The favorite thing of the whole holiday though was a little Book of Mormon that I bought for Christian. His primary leaders have really been encouraging the kids to bring their scriptures to church. Christian can't read them yet, but I wanted him to be able to participate, so I went into the distribution center and found this little one for $4. It is the right size for him to carry around, and he was so excited to take it to church. The only problem seems to be that Andrew wants one too. It is a good problem to have.


Happy Easter!


1 comment:

cfish77 said...

That IS a good problem to have. I taught an Easter lesson to my class too. The only problem was that I remembered it was supposed to be an Easter lesson and not the next one in the book on Saturday. I hope they got something out of what I prepared.