Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

April 24, 2011

Another BYU Graduate!

Jonathon's sister, Tera, graduated from BYU on Friday. She is the fourth one to graduate from BYU in his family, and we were all able to go enjoy her convocation from the school of nursing. I think I have made it clear that I love BYU, but every time I go back I can't help but be reminded of what a special place it holds for me. The moment I stepped on campus, the smell of the trees in bloom took me right back to when I was a student there. Springtime was one of my favorite times on campus because everything was so beautiful and fragrant.

The graduation ceremony was really wonderful. There were only 70 graduates from the nursing program, so it was a much smaller gathering than I was used to. They were able to spotlight each graduate with a picture and favorite quote as they received their diploma. It was also really neat that Elder Richard G. Scott was able to speak and preside at the graduation.

Afterward, they had a little luncheon (complete with BYU mint brownies!) and we took some family pictures. It was a beautiful day, and we are all so proud of Tera and her accomplishment of graduating magna cum laude from such a rigorous program.

Elder Scott at the convocation

 Tera and her fiance, BJ (June 18th is the big day) with the candygram we made for her graduation

Grandpa and Grandma H. 
I thought they looked so cute and definitely needed their picture taken.

The whole family

2 comments:

Chelle said...

THANK YOU again Sarah for watching my kiddos so that I could go to my sister's graduation too! It really was so special...and you really are an angel. How cute to make a candy bar poster! So fun to see Tera's fiance too--what a cute couple! Glad you had fun as well. I feel the same way when I get on the Y campus. Just feel so privileged I got to go there!

cfish77 said...

Congratulations, Cousin Tera! Loriann's graduation was small, too. Cool candygram!