Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

February 24, 2011

Murder Mystery Dinner

One of our good friends, Jared, had a birthday party/murder mystery dinner last week.  Our first date was to a murder mystery with Jared and Michelle 7 years ago, so we were excited to attend another one. The murder mystery was set in 1937, so we did our best to dress the part. Jonathon found the perfect hat at Walmart and learned to tie his DI bow-tie by watching a youtube video. I thought he looked awesome. I found some pretty purple beads and then Hannah did my hair. She used a curling iron to do some finger waves and then created a faux bob. She did a great job. (I think our look was slightly more 20's inspired, but oh well.)

 My character was Ali Bigh, a famous English murder mystery writer (who, I learned later, also was a compulsive murderer... lovely). Jonathon played Roger S.B. Astird, the illegitimate son of the murdered man.

 I loved dressing up and having my hair done. It was fun to try a new style. Women in the 20's and 30's really worked hard on their appearance. Those hairstyles are not easy, but it sure made me feel fancy.

Hannah, the hairstylist and her "project"

 Here is our host couple, Jared and Michelle.

The other players in our mystery were Kelli and Pete and Alice and Jeff. Everyone looked fantastic, and it was fun to get to know some new couples.

Some more pictures from the night:

 Getting into character

Our "serious" pose

WHO DUNNIT?
It was Jonathon... um, Rog.

I didn't get pictures of the dinner, but it was divine! We had a fancy blueberry salad, curry chicken, a cheese course, and chocolate fondue for dessert. It was a fun date. Happy Birthday, Jared!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming we had a great time! Your costumes were great! Glad you had fun.
Jared

Natalie said...

This looks like sooo much fun! I LOVE your hair, Sarah!

Stefani said...

So so fun!

Gaylene said...

What a fun idea. You look great!

pharmgirl75 said...

How fun! You both look great.