Halloween snuck up on me this year. I hadn't planned anything until Christian's preschool teacher emailed me with details for a party on Thursday... that was Tuesday morning. Yikes! Christian said he wanted to be the Cat in the Hat (his new favorite PBS cartoon), so I dug through my fabric and found some felt. I spent the night sewing up a hat, bowtie, and tail. Then I bought a little turtleneck at Walmart and stitched on the white tummy felt carefully, so the shirt could still be worn separately. I was pretty proud of the outcome, since I am no seamstress.
*BONUS* It turned out to be a nice, cheap costume.
Total Cost= $4.50 ($3.50 for the turtleneck and $1 for black felt for the tail)
Christian as "The Cat in the Hat" for his Preschool Party
Here is a picture of the boys just before Trunk-or-Treating. Andrew was a tiger, so they both ended up being "cats." The trunk-or-treat actually got rained out, so they went around the halls of the church getting candy. They didn't mind a bit.
Andrew was sure happy to find out that people were going to give him candy. He is a choc-aholic as you can see by his dirty face.
Our Jack O' lanterns
Jonathon carved one and cousin Carolyn was nice enough to carve the other for Christian.
Jonathon made us Jack O' Lantern pancakes for breakfast. Andrew dug through the pancake and went straight for the chocolate chips.
We went to a fun family Halloween dinner and were asked to bring a spooky dessert. I made these brain cupcakes. They were really yummy, even though it was a bit hard to get past their appearance. Ewww! (Oh, and have you ever tried to make brain colored frosting? It was an interesting experiment where I mixed red, yellow, and green in varying amounts, but I think it turned out pretty... uh, brainy.)
I also made these meringue cookies in the shape of bones for a Halloween treat.
Aunt Gaylene made this awesome skeleton as part of her Halloween dinner. We had a great time and enjoyed lots of yummy food and great conversation.
Happy Halloween!
5 comments:
Sarah, what a cute, cute family!! I love your costumes!! They are so cute and I love all your food...you are a fun mother!!
So cute and fun! (and bonus about the expense!) Your boys are so adorable!
And those halloween treats are AWESOME!
Your last minute costume turned out GREAT! You've got talent! Your brains look awesome too.
Dang Sarah, you've got some cute kids. I was super impressed with your brains. (and yes, of course it was the perfect brainy color).
You are amazing, Sarah. If you don't call yourself much of a seamstress and still whipped up that great costume, then I don't know what I would call myself. (I can make a pillow :))And yes, those cupcakes do look a little too realistic.
Post a Comment