Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive." This year we hope to focus more on the positive blessings in our life. Hopefully, this blog is a source of optimism for us now and in the future.

November 22, 2010

Giving Thanks: Day 5

A list of simple things I am grateful for:

yummy smelling candles
slippers
a garage door opener
the library
PBS kids TV
digital scrapbooking
coupons
cell phones (seriously, how did we do it before?)
the gym
glasses (when did I get so blind?)
dishwasher
children's laughter
hot chocolate
preschool (Mom's break)
a husband that goes to work at 5:40 A.M. so he can be home early enough to help with the kids
Clorox wipes
Swiffer mop
Harry Potter books/movies (we all need a little entertainment in our life!)
BYU football
Seeing my kids so excited about the first snow of the year
homemade ice cream
popsicle sticks with jokes on them (my kids LOVE them)
Scrabble
protected left turns (there are some crazy Utah drivers out there)
going to bed early

3 comments:

Stefani said...

Ahahaha! I LOVE ALL those things!

cfish77 said...

I really enjoy reading your posts on what you are grateful for.

Donna Mannewitz Christensen said...

you inspire me to make my own list. Can I just say ditto to yours cause I am grateful and love of those things, too. :)