I have a great mother-in-law who is a wonderful grandmother to my boys. She left me a voice mail a few days ago saying that it had been a long time since she had seen the boys (1 1/2 weeks) and that she really didn't want to wait until Saturday to see them again. It was pretty much the cutest message ever! She decided to come and visit today. Her visit was heaven-sent because Andrew has had another ear infection, hasn't been sleeping well, and has been a grump for the last few days. She played dinosaurs with Christian and then took both boys to the park. I definitely enjoyed the break. What did I do?
-Cleaned 2 bathrooms
-Collapsed moving boxes
-Cleaned the garage
-Checked KSL about 30 times hoping an amazing set of couches would pop up
It may not sound like much of a break, but it was exactly what I needed to start feeling a little more organized and moved in. Thanks Grandma... come back anytime.
3 comments:
Oh you poor thing! You should have called earlier this week--I would have been happy to take your boys and let you get some sleep! Turin had a double ear infection last week and was up pretty much the whole night, and it was about the most miserable experience of my life. I can't imagine doing that all the time like you had to do...ugh. Seriously, that's what friends are for! So call me! :)
it's amazing what moms do when they have a break! Ha! Thank goodness for sweet (and inspired) MIL's
Such a cute grandma!
Post a Comment